Google

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Wednesday afternoon...no jobs available today for work, but its all good, I'm already set for working tomorrow, and I'm sure I'll be able to find some work on Friday so it'll be a 4 day week which still ain't too bad. I haven't updated in a week, a few fun things have happened. Shaun, John, Tim, Steve, and Murph came down from Uconn for karaoke last Wed night which was hilarious. Murph and Steve did a duet of I'll Make Love To You. I sang Wild, Wild West and John (quite intoxicatedly) sang the forever long American Pie. We hit up PRD's afterwards where I got told by the waitress to watch my language and there was a hooker in the booth across from us with two dudes which John found to be hilarious. Let's just say getting 4 hours of drunken sleep did not lead to a very pleasurable Thursday morning of work. Luckily though it was a short day in which I came home to watch Uconn lose a heartbreaker to Syracuse. So it was a short Big East Tourney for us, hopefully we can get another national championship starting Friday though.

This past weekend was I guess a normal Sono weekend. Went to O'neils and the Loft Friday night, and since I had to drive could only have 4 white russians, but I guess that's not bad since I didn't have to spend a lot of money. Saturday night was Black Bear and O'neils and I got a lil drunk that night and it was pretty good. With St. Patrick's day coming up hopefully I'll be up in Boston or somewhere exciting and not anywhere near Norwalk. Speaking of that I gotta call Jeff up sometime and find out if we're actually going up there. Oh and also if anyone reads this is gonna be out in Boston this coming weekend let me know in case I'm up there maybe we could meet up or something.

I've been thinking about the past a lot this past week, which I'm sure is not a good nor healthy thing to be doing. It's just incredible how people who were so important to you for so long no longer exist at all in your life. It almost makes you question if everything that happened was worth it. I mean I guess you learn from things you've done in the past but still it doesn't seem to do much good when you still can't get stuff out of your head. I was watching the Uconn-Duke game from their 2004 championship run and I just remember how incredibly happy I was at that time. I still remember that night. Me, Katie, Tuba, Tim, Pat, John, and I think Steve too actually were all over at Kim's apartment with all the girls and ish. And I just remember coming back in that game and beating them and thinking it may have been the greatest game I've ever watched and we all ran around campus screaming and drinking and jumping around.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Then of course Pat had some heart problem and we had to go to the hospital which kinda sobered everyone up quite quickly. Prior to the heart thing, I just don't think like there was a happier time in my life than that year of college, which I guess would be the sophmore and junior years area give or take a few months. Every now and then something comes up (whether its a song or some reminder of jokes that you had with people) and it just reminds me of such great times which seem to not be around as much anymore. Graduating college certainly didn't help as it took me away from some of my best friends the past 4 years or so of my life. Sorry about all this negativity and reflecting on better time I guess. Sometimes I just need to get this out of my system and tell people (or the 10 or so people who actually read these haha).

I'm sure I could go on and on about stuff from the past but in order to not get myself down I'll just go on about something else. I'm gonna go to the gym in about half an hour so that should cheer me up some. I'd been going sparingly for the past few months and I want to get back to going like 3 or 4 days a week. Or doing some sort of exercise outside when it's nice out. I jogged/walked for 4 miles the other day cuz it was so nice out, and it made me feel good about myself so that's a plus.

Random stuff:
--Dolphins traded for Daunte Culpepper, and I think if he's healthy they should be in the playoffs this year and maybe even be a Super Bowl contender if he can play as well as he did when he was with Moss.
--Deal or No Deal may be one of the dumbest shows ever, but holy crap is it addicting and suspenseful. It's on at 8 on Mondays and Fridays and I always find myself watching it and getting all caught up with the contestant. (even though it seems like they almost always say No Deal)
--The Knicks still suck
--My new ringtone is Popozao by the great K-Fed (aka Keven Federline)
--I subbed for band yesterday which was quite odd. We actually watched the '97 tape from my freshman yr when we performed at Syracuse. Damn we were nasty, and it's crazy that that was 9 years ago, holy crap am I old.
--I'm gonna buy Lost season 1 today at Walmart, it's a damn good show too bad it's been repeats too much lately
--Anybody know when Spring Weekend is up at Uconn? I wanna be up there for that to see all my friends while they're still up there. It's gonna be weird next year when I pretty much won't know anyone there anymore

Alright so I gotta go get changed and ready to go gymming. Since people always have that "what I'm listening to" thing in their blogs/journals I'll let ya know what songs (its a few since it takes me a while to type these out since I'm doing other things) I've been listening to. They're all pretty good songs which I'd recommend to download or I could send any of em to ya if you'd want. Anyway I'll try and update this more than once a week, I've been kinda out of it the past few days so maybe it'll be good I vented all that stuff above to clear my head and stuff. Anyway, catch y'all later...GO UCONN!!!


What I'm listening to:
U2 - With Or Without You
Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire
Nas - Bridging The Gap
Colin Hay - Overkill
Blacksheep - The Choice Is Yours
David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust
Five For Fighting - 100 Years
Coldplay - The Scientist

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home