Google

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Hey look its a new post and its not even a Monday! So yea, its Wednesday afternoon and I have had nothing to do since 1130...and won't until 130 so I got a bit of free time on my hands. But sadly not much has transpired in the past 2 days to write about so I'm gonna hafta just bullshit my way of killing time to at least pass some of this. So last night was poker night again and I actually won a few hands (finally). I finished in 4th out of 7 people (first 3 places won money...bah). I probably could've finished 3rd if I didn't try and make a move but as I said last night "I didn't come here to finish 3rd...I came to win!". So yea that led to me finishing 4th but hey I gave it a shot. I was in quite a few big hands, winning some losing the rest so I did ok.

There was also Scrubs watching when I got home which is always good times. The Mariners f'in lost again (5 in a row...that 3-1 start is quickly forgotten about). Hopefully they'll win on Saturday when I go to the game. The combination of a Mariners win and Red Sox fans being pissed off would just be that enjoyable for me. So yea I'm looking forward to this weekend quite a bit...well actually tonight too. I'm going out to dinner then hitting up karaoke with Melissa so that should be fun times. And I'm even driving tonight (what a rarity that is) so I'll hafta go easy on the White Russians. I'm gonna see if I can get one of the teachers that has no period 7 tomorrow (a bunch of them are going on a field trip so they'll have small classes too), as to get out early and get ready for the 3 day (err 10 day or so...its spring break!) weekend. And by get ready I mean take a nap and maybe go out Thursday night. If it's nice on Friday maybe I'll head up to Uconn in the afternoon and see if anybody wants to play some ball of the whiffle variety. I've actually been itchin to play some softball, but getting 18 people together to play doesn't seem like it'd be very likely to happen. But maybe some volleyball at the beach could be in the near future.

Oh and I don't know if I've mentioned this in past blogs, but I'm reading books these days! Well mostly because I just sit at a desk all day and sometimes there's no computer so I gotta do something from being ridiculously bored. So far I've read The Shining, Jaws, A Clockwork Orange, and I just bought High Fidelity yesterday. Ok ok, so they're all movies too, but they're all some of my favorite movies of all time so it's cool to read them and see how they are similar/different from the film versions. Plus it's easy to picture these characters cuz I just put the actors in their place, whether it be Robert Shaw (Quint is the fuckin bomb), Jack Nicholson, or John Cusack I don't know but I find it easier to picture everything. Maybe for my next book I read it'll be something that's not a movie (yet, at least). So if anyone has any suggestions on good books to read let me know. If they are bad books though I will hate you forever for wasting my time.

Alright well I don't have much else on my mind, sorry this is kind of a lackluster post with stuff I've probably already mentioned in other posts, but hey it helped me kill some time. So yea, hope this didn't waste anybody's time in reading this...lata!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home