Google

Friday, June 16, 2006

Only about 2 hrs til the weekend begins and already I'm having a good day. I just bought tickets to see The Roots at Toad's Place in August. I'm sure that there are tickets available for anybody else who wants to go (it's just general admission into like a small club setting), so I reccomend the show and it'd be cool if lots of people I knew were there. So that's something to look forward to in 2 months!

This isn't going to be a very long entry, just wanted to update for Wednesday night's baseball game. I got 2 tickets free at work to a Bluefish game, so me and Karen went and Tuba used his sneaky ways to get a free ticket at the stadium. So stupidly I suggested that it'd be funny to eat a hot dog (it was a promotion night where hot dogs were only $1 each) for each run scored in the game. I kept saying no I didn't want to do it and that it was a horrible idea, but the other 2 thought it was great. So only 2 runs scored in the first 6 innings, and Chris and Karen were getting antsy. So LUCKILY, there were 5 runs scored in the 7th which meant 5 hot dogs for each of us. I got through 3 and about 1/4 of my 6th hot dog and I couldn't do it, I thought I was going to throw up all over the place. Tuba finished off his 6th, I made it through 5 1/4, and Karen made it through 5. It was not a pleasurable experience, I'm still feeling kind of sick to my stomach when I think of hot dogs. But other than that the game was pretty fun. It was a pretty nice night and cool to just chill out and watch a baseball game.

Last night I just chilled out and watched the basketball game. The Mariners got swept by AL West rival Oakland (shoots self in face). I'm awaiting 6, when I'll head up to Monroe to meet Chris then we're going up to Danbury for alcoholic smoothies and fun times with friends. Nothing else planned for this weekend, so if anything's going on Saturday night or anything let me know. I was supposed to do laundry last night but I forgot about it so that's on the schedule for Saturday afternoon.

I got my homies all set up on my desk at work and I'll post a picture of that once I upload it from my camera phone, and maybe a few other random pictures if I have any. Work's been good this week, not doing much though so a lot of free time spent doing myspace surveys and stuff like that. I think I'm getting closer to doing real work though so hopefully I won't spend most of my day bored. I got my first paycheck yesterday was exciting, too bad they kick you in the balls with all the money you lose to taxes. Oh well, I don't think this is that great of a post but I wanted to mention the shenanigans from the baseball game before I forgot about it, like I usually do when I take a week between blog entries. Anyway, this only killed about 10 minutes so I need to go find a sudoku or something to do. Have a good weekend everyone!

1 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't stand hot dogs anymore!! Haha thanks for being a good sport about it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home