Google

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Happy hump day everyone! So today's a tough day at work for me (I have periods 1,2, and 7 off) and I get to go home at 130...hooray! Well I could use a better day then yesterday where I:

1) found out I didn't get the job I interviewed for on Monday (even though I didn't really want it because the money I'd be making and the money I'd be using to commute wouldn't make it all that great, but it'd still be nice to be actually OFFERRED a damn job by now)

2) standing outside in the cold rain at the track meet yesterday from 4 to around 630...probably not the best thing for me since I was finally starting to feel better

3) lost 30 bucks in poker...and I actually was doing pretty well (I was in first or second place about halfway through the game then got all these decent hands that I stupidly put a few chips in for here and there and little by little my chip stack decreased placing me in 4th out of 7 people)


So yea yesterday sucked, and actually this weekend wasn't much better. Friday night me Jeff, Ant, and Adam went to O'neils and it was pretty much the usual stuff there but it was kinda dead and not many people there I knew. Maria Lope was out though so it was nice to see her, I don't think I've seen her for a year or so. It's crazy how people you used to see like everyday in high school or whatnot and now you go months or even years without seeing them anymore...crazy.

So yea the interview on Monday I guess wasn't all that great since I didn't get it, but I got to have lunch with Laurie afterwards so that was nice. Karen picked me up from the train station (what a good friend) and we went to the gym, which was good since I hadn't gone in about a week. I'll probably go today though since I get out early and will still have time to take a nap if I want to. And tonight's the first new Lost in about 3 weeks or so, so I'm excited for that! Kind of sad when the thing you're most looking forward to in your week is a television show.

Looking ahead I don't know what's going on this weekend...probably something though as it's Cinco de Mayo. Which as I understand it is basically another excuse for people to drink excessively...maybe the drinks of choice will be margaritas, tequila, and "cervezas". Next week I think I'm gonna be going to a comedy show with Shaun and whoever else would want to come at Toad's Place. It's Michael Showalter and this guy who I saw on some internet clip that was pretty funny so hopefully it'll be a good show. And Tuba bought some tickets to the Yanks-Mariners game which isn't til the middle of July, but it's something to look forward to. People should be coming home from school soon which is good...more people to hang with and see out in Sono.

I'm also in the process of getting some older videos I've taken on my digital camera up on the internet. There was never really a way to share them online but thanks to youtube.com, I should have a few good ones (ie Craig trying to smash a beer bottle over his head from my 21st bday) up sometime this week. I already have a video of me John, Shaun, and Ryan singing Bohemian Rhapsody up, but unfortunately the school blocks youtube so I don't know what the link would be to the video. I had it up in my away message the other week and I'm sure that I could give it to you if you asked.

So that's basically what's going on with me. I'm waiting to hear back from that job in New Haven at the Mental Health Center to see if I got the job. With the way things have been going, I'm not very optimistic, and since I actually want this job I don't see it happening...sigh. Alright well I must be going, I'm gonna read a little before my next class starts. Kind of a blah-ish, shitty week type blog this time, so sorry bout that, hopefully my next one will be more positive. Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home